What's the fuss about chlorine? Most municipal water, including ours, has chlorine to act as a disinfectant, something that's ruled out a lot of disease over the years. However, the by-products of chlorine could have some health risks, including cancer, as well. And since many of us are filtering it from our tap water, absorbing it through our skin and inhaling it into our lungs in a warm shower isn't too enticing either.
According to Rainshow'r, "chlorine... attacks your hair, skin, and lungs... and can leave your hair dry and brittle and make your skin flaky and itchy. It can also trigger negative reactions in children, the elderly, and people with chlorine-sensitivity."
I know from my time spent in chlorine-heavy pools that this particular disinfectant is not for me. And I can attest that now my hair and skin are softer and less dried out with my filter.
Come check out the Rainshow'r dechlorinator specially chosen by our in house sustainability coach for your safety (and your future softer, silkier hair).
Plus, you can easily use it with a low-flow showerhead to save water while you suds up in your efforts to reduce your use and green even your shower time.